Inner-City Arts affirms that it is our policy to afford equal protection in all our personnel practices to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, military status or any other protected status as defined under state and federal laws.
Inner-City Arts is seeking a Development Associate to fill a key role as the donor database administrator. This position will also provide support to the development, finance, and executive teams to ensure that the organization meets its annual revenue goals and effectively stewards donors.
Donor Stewardship/Giving History Management
- Serve as primary administrator for the Donor Perfect Online (DPO) database; provide financial reports/donor analysis to the Board, the staff, and donor constituents as requested by the DOD.
- Execute ongoing database functions
- Complete timely donor gift posting and pledge tracking;
- Generate donor acknowledgements for approval and final signature;
- Manage monthly reconciliation with the Finance Department and other tasks assigned supporting the CFO;
- Update and maintain DPO donor records, mailing lists, and annual clean-up
- Train staff to maximize use of DPO;
- Import donor group emails to Constant Contact for e-blasts;
- Participate on Annual Fund Team
- Support the DOD and Senior Individual Giving Manager in growth of individual giving, including the Annual Fund and major gifts from individuals;
- Manage seasonal direct mail solicitations annually; manage $1 - $99 Annual Fund donors;
- Support Senior Individual Giving Manager in Annual Fund donor renewals to increase retention rate.
- Manage regular donor reporting
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting of: monthly revenue, Board of Directors’ direct and solicited giving, event sponsorships, Annual Fund campaigns, quarterly donor recognition on website, and full year-end analysis.
- Manage registration of guests
- Follow up with event sponsors regarding sponsorship benefits and payments
- Lead a team of volunteers in the coordination of checking in guests and VIPs
- Maintain a daily reporting of sponsor revenue to the DOD and Board
Senior Leadership Support
- Provide support in all areas related to the DOD’s activities
- Ongoing Board management with respect to development, marketing, and external relations activities, including preparation of development materials for Board and Finance
- Committee meetings, ongoing leadership donor reporting
- Solicitation support to annual Imagine Awards Gala, Summer on Seventh, cultivation events.
- Daily support: DOD; shared Team Calendar coordination; meeting announcements/agendas; correspondence; hard/electronic filing; general development office tasks (e.g., mail, supplies, invoices, phones and offsite coordination).
- Serve as onsite development support at Inner-City Arts events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. required
- 2-3 years of related database management experience
- Equipment, Computer Software: Proficient skills in management and use of Donor Perfect Online or comparable donor database; proficient in Excel/Word
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent independent judgment during regular interactions with Board members, staff, donors and volunteers;
- Professionalism in the processing and management of confidential materials; exceptional database and organizational skills, overall computer proficiency, and demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and strategic skills;
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Ability to interact constructively and cooperatively with others in a fast-paced environment, i.e., organization personnel, donors, volunteer leaders, parents, students.
- Experience in supervising volunteers, temporary support staff, and/or interns a plus.
Additional Comments: Some weekend work required.
Hours: Full-time position/40 hours per week (may require limited evening and weekend hours).
Location: Inner-City Arts is located in the downtown Los Angeles Warehouse District, adjacent to the Produce Mart and Skid Row.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com; Subject: Development Associate. No calls please.
“I am just completely blown away by this place, from the second I walked in. The music, the space, the energy here - it just allows you to be free with yourself, and to accept yourself and learn to love yourself.”
– Actor Sara Ramirez, Grey’s Anatomy